The following are more detailed descriptions of three of our document packages.
Dissolution of Marriage; Petition to Determine Paternity and Related Relief;
and Petition to Relocate with Minor Children.

Each of these document packages is delivered complete with the information you provide. Each of these document packages includes associated documents which must be filed along with each primary petition.

Dissolution of Marriage - $220.

In Florida, divorce is called "Dissolution of Marriage". Which Petition for Dissolution of Marriage form to use depends on your specific circumstances.

  • Simplified Dissolution of Marriage - use when there are no children in common and there is no property or debt to divide. Both parties must appear at the final hearing for dissolution.
  • Dissolution of Marriage with No Minor Child(ren) and No Property - use when there are no children and no property; but one of the parties is unwilling or unable to appear at the final hearing.
  • Dissolution of Marriage with Children - use when there are children of the marriage; and there may also be property and/or debt to divide.
  • Dissolution of Marriage with Property but No Children

Residency - One or both of the parties must have lived in Florida for at least six months prior to filing for divorce in Florida.

After you choose the petition based upon your specific circumstances, additional forms will be prepared and included when we prepare your documents. These additional forms are: (at minimum) Civil Cover Sheet, Notice of Social Security, proposed Final Order. Other forms that will be included are outlined in the instructions for each form, and depend upon your specific circumstances.
Petition to Establish Paternity and Related Relief - $220

This petition is similar to a divorce petition, but it is for people who were never married, but have children. Either the mother or father may file this, to establish legal paternity. The fact that the father's name is on the child's birth certificate is not enough to establish legal paternity. This petition is used when the parties were never married, have children together, and when nothing has ever been filed in the circuit court concerning the parties' child custody. An administrative child support order through the Florida Department of Revenue is not enough to establish legal paternity for child custody. This petition and other required forms are usually filed along with a Parenting Plan.

Petition to Relocate with Minor Child(ren) - $220.

This petition is used when a parent wants to move more than 50 miles away from their current address, and take the children along. Other forms must also be filed along with the petition, and usually a Long Distance/ Relocation Parenting Plan is also filed. Florida courts do not seek to prevent parents from moving forward in their lives, moving away and starting a new life; but the courts also strive to make sure that the children have an opportunity to have positive relationships with both parents.

* Preparation of Parenting Plans is not included in this $200. fee - there is a $50 additional fee for preparation of Parenting Plans.
** Financial Affidavits; and Child Support Guidelines Worksheets; are provided blank for the customer to complete.